He is with You
Exodus 13:17 Then it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, "Lest perhaps the people change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt."
- 430 years of slavery
- God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near
- When we follow the Leadership of the Holy Spirit, we are putting our full trust in Him
- Logic has to be crucified at times
- Just because its near and close doesn’t mean its right
- Logic would have been detrimental = they were not ready for war
- There is a reason God leads us a certain way
Exodus 13:19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him, for he had placed the children of Israel under solemn oath, saying, "God will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones from here with you."
- The Bones of Joseph represents – Joseph Story
- Let us carry stories of Gods faithful in times past as we go forward
- Exodus 13:20 So they took their journey from Succoth and camped in Etham at the edge of the wilderness.
Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night.
- THE LORD WENT BEFORE THEM
- Psalm 78:14 In the daytime also He led them with the cloud, And all the night with a light of fire.
- Led = guide, transport, bring, & govern
- John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
- The Holy Spirit is our Guide
- Guide = to show the way
- The Same God that lead a million people over hundreds of miles to the Promise land is the same God that will lead us in this moment
The Holy Spirit is with us
- John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
- Comforter – paraklētos (GParaclete) = summoned, called to one’s side, especially called to one’s aid, An intercessor, consoler: - advocate, comforter.
- Jesus promised us that He would send us another Comforter
- The Holy Spirit is God’s Gift to us
- He is our Helper
- He is our Advocate
- He is our Counselor
- He brings us Comfort
- Paraclete is a Greek term used in warfare
- When Greek warriors went to war they went in pairs….onto the battle field
- When the war got fierce they would stand back to back and fight them enemy covering each other back-side or blind side
- The battle partner in Greek was called a paraclete
- The Holy Spirit is our partner in the battle
The Holy Spirit
- He goes before you
- He is behind you
- AND He is within you
- 1 Johnn 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
Numbers 6:22 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
Numbers 6:23 "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, 'This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them:
Numbers 6:24 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
Numbers 6:25 The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
Numbers 6:26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." '
Numbers 6:27 "So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them."
- Keep You = to hedge about, guard, protect, attend, preserve, and watch
- Be Gracious to You = kindness, and favor
- His Countenance Upon You = to illuminate upon you
Give you Peace = rest, and stillness of the soul