Bringing Back His Presence
Text: 1 Samuel 4:17-22
- 1Samuel 4:22 And she said, "The glory has departed from Israel, for the ark of God has been captured."
- Ichabod = The Glory has departed
- 1Samuel 8:5 and said to him, "Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations."
- 1Samuel 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." So Samuel prayed to the LORD.
1Samuel 8:7 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them.
- 1Samuel 4:4 So the people sent to Shiloh, that they might bring from there the ark of the covenant of the LORD of hosts, who dwells between the cherubim. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, were there with the ark of the covenant of God.
1Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were corrupt; they did not know the LORD.
- 1Samuel 2:22 Now Eli was very old; and he heard everything his sons did to all Israel, and how they lay with the women who assembled at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.
1Samuel 2:23 So he said to them, "Why do you do such things? For I hear of your evil dealings from all the people.
- 1Samuel 2:24 No, my sons! For it is not a good report that I hear. You make the LORD's people transgress.
1Samuel 4:5 And when the ark of the covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted so loudly that the earth shook.